We value the opportunity to serve and strengthen ministry in local churches across the district. Our prayer is that these resources would add value as you love and shepherd your communities. Make sure you subscribe to the EFCA West Podcast and our YouTube channel to get notifications about our most recent content.
Transformational Preaching with Pastor Darin McWatters
Join us as Pastor Darin McWatters, Lead Shepherd at Fullerton Free Church shares best practices on engaging, dynamic, and transformational preaching. Even though many of us may be highly trained and experienced in the art of communicating God's Word, we can all get better and benefit from learning how others have developed their craft.
EFCA West believes that the ongoing health of established churches is key to church multiplication and the spread of the Gospel. Our team is committed to strengthening church leadership communities and helping them accomplish their unique mission in their unique ministry context.
- We provide leadership consultations, training, and development for pastors, staff, elders, and ministry leaders.
- We help churches create and sustain healthy and effective leadership teams that have organizational systems and structures aligned with each church’s unique vision and strategy.
- We come alongside churches and leadership teams to encourage, guide and help during times of crisis or transitions such as pastoral staff changes, re-visioning processes, or times of sudden or unanticipated change.
- We provide training and assistance to church leadership teams regarding church governance issues including creating or amending church bylaws, policies, and other governance documents.
- We facilitate the Paterson Center’s StratOp process to help leaders gain strategic clarity regarding the issues currently being faced by the church.
- We provide periodic written documents and recommendations related to church health topics, including a monthly Something to Talk About article in the EFCA West Zipline, our email publication, to help leadership teams navigate conversations about important issues they might otherwise miss having.
Our church health consultations are relational rather than programmatic and customized for individual churches, leaders and teams. No EFCA church is alone – we are an association of autonomous and interdependent churches. Our goal is to help you reach God’s vision and dreams for your local church, and for you to help us do the same for others.
Contact Bob Osborne, Director of Church Health, for more information at email@example.com.
The purpose of a ministerial credential is to:
- affirm God’s call upon your life
- verify that you meet the qualifications and standards for ministry in The Evangelical Free Church of America
- approve you for ministerial service under the auspices of the EFCA
- provide legal status in the exercise of your ministry
Join the next EFCA History, Theology & Polity Course. Click HERE
The health of a local church is often related to the health of the local church pastor. Pastoral Care and Coaching in EFCA West works primarily through local gatherings and one-to-one coaching from seasoned pastors.
Local gatherings are located throughout EFCA West. Contact Xochitl Cachon to locate the gathering nearest you.
Rendering to Caesar what belongs to Caesar can take time and energy. Complying with state and local requirements is often overlooked.
The EFCA West office is here to help, as much as possible, to help you navigate things like 501(c)3 issues, governmental paperwork and the like. Email Xochitl Cachon or call her at (952) 853-1755 for help, encouragement and resources.
Two Books Every Church Should Own
- The Church & Nonprofit Tax & Financial Guide, by Dan Busby, CPA
- Minister’s Tax & Financial Guide, by Dan Busby, CPA